Today, together with Google, we are hosting a partner event. We’ve invited friends and family or those running small businesses to come and join us for a nice lunch at our offices at Protein Studios, Level 3, 2 Lacey Street, Surry Hills NSW.
At this lunch, we spoke about how Efficient Media can help small businesses drive more brand awareness and sales to their businesses simply and efficiently. To most, it may seem like a no brainer. Trust me, as an entrepreneur and small business owner who runs markets and pop up stalls, I can tell you that a ‘no-brainer’ for you is seen as ‘expertise’ to many mum-and-pop shops. More often that not, the biggest road block is ‘time’.
How often have I heard?
“I don’t have time for this. I have enough business that I can’t handle already. I don’t want to pay for more advertising. I’ve done some stuff in the past. It doesn’t work. I don’t use Facebook.”
The simple view we have on ALL of these statements?
Well, it’s not about YOU. It’s more about YOUR CUSTOMERS!
You don’t have time? Find time! Surely, if you have more business, you will find a way to make it scale. Who doesn’t want to grow their business?
So what are these ‘no-brainers’?
- Have a website.
- Have a mobile & tablet friendly version of your website! Google has announced a new algorithm that rewards websites that are built mobile friendly and rank them higher. Read more here.
- Have a dedicated phone number for your customers to call through regarding sales/service enquiries.
- Be present where your customers are! Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and whatever social forum that is critical in your industry. For example, if it’s fashion, then Polyvore and Pinterest. If you run a restaurant, cafe, catering business, then platforms like Urban Spoon and Eatability.
- With all the foundations set up, it’s about choosing the right media channels to communicate your sales/service proposition to your customers! Now, this is marketing and advertising. This is where Efficient Media adds tremendous value. We help businesses turn the above even keel statements into uplifting positives!
- Now, specifically regarding this event that we hosted, experts from Google talk about the importance of having presence on Google’s search results in the form of targeted ads. This is what is often known as Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising or Search Engine Marketing (SEM). As the name suggests, you only pay when someone clicks on the ad. This pricing model makes this form of advertising far more appealing than its traditional counterparts, where you pay once the ad is displayed.
That’s the long and the short of it. Without over-complicating things, if you’re interested in how your business can benefit from a few simple steps, follow Efficient Media’s Facebook page or Contact Us directly!
Thank you! Jo xx