2015 Christmas. It took me 33 years to get here but in the larger scheme of things, I got here nice and early. I trust, too, through God’s guidance.
Got where? Well, I got to celebrate Christmas for what it is about. Truly.
What IS Christmas about? Simple. (Don’t be fooled by the photos.)
Happy birthday, JESUS!
It is the celebration of the 1st coming of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. And an anticipation of His 2nd coming. The latter not so generally chorused but something I personally celebrate together with the school of Christians who also celebrate this.
Advent [meaning: to expect, to anticipate, the coming] was sacred for me. I’ve never even given Advent much thought in the past other than the chocolate advent calendar. Again, this year, God blessed me with this time to experience Advent.
Practically, how do all of this differ from my past Christmas celebrations? Well,
- No stressing over presents and decorations
- No stressing over throwing an X’mas party like I’m celebrating my own birthday
- Keeping close to the Word (and boy, does that transform you)
- Clothing myself with the glory of God and hopefully, letting that shine bright to those around me about the true meaning of Christmas
- More time with Jesus, less time with my ‘own effort’
What was the result?
- I am 200% happier from within
- My life has transformed from the inside out. There is true joy, peace and calm amidst the usually busy and festive time of the year
- My family benefits from my transformation
- I am proud that I bring my Saviour glory
And how did those changes come about?
- The first was the tick off my 2015 NY Resolution – to be baptised. Some friends who have yet to know Christ chuckle at my ‘tender age’ to make this proclamation. I smile because in some ways, they are right. My spiritual age is tender and the baptism is symbolic of my rebirth to this life. This important step in my life has paved the way for so much of my spiritual growth this year.
- Holy Yoga has played the most significant part of this transformation. The community, the ministry work that keeps me grounded to The Word, the meditation, the connection with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
- Being a part of a community; a Christ-loving community. It has been my biggest blessing to be surrounded by my Holy Yoga Family, my church congregation and finally, my dear family.
So, Christmas is now behind me. I have the new year to look forward to. When I do everything in His glory, I get my returns in 10 fold.
I’m almost sad that Christmas is over. But I rejoice in the fact that this year is the beginning to many that will bring the real meaning of the celebration to my family and friends.