Athletes often complain of tight hamstrings. Here’s a short program that you can try!
THE BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR THIS ISSUE (SYMPTOM CONTROL)
Yoga is beneficial as the breathing and stretching in yoga poses:
1. Increases circulation of blood flow and delivery of nutrients to muscle tissue (i.e. hamstrings)
2. Increases joint synovial fluid that lubricates the joints (between the hamstrings and pelvic bone and knees)
3. Increases flexibility of fascia, allowing for greater range of motion (increased mobility in the hips and knees)
4. Reduces the risk of injury and joint pain as a result of the aforementioned benefits
5. Improves mental and physical recovery
2. Lower back pain or injury
3. Torn hamstring tissue or previous injury
4. Hypermobility in hamstrings
5. Hyperextension in knees
15-30 MINUTE FLOW
2. Forward fold
3. Halfway lift
4. Forward fold
5. Rag Doll
7. Triangle (Left & Right)
8. Pyramid (Left & Right)
7. Open A (hinging from hips, reach hands in front and walk hands back)
8. Reclining Big Toe with strap (Centre, left, right)
9. Happy Baby
These suggestions offered in the Grace x Strength With LoveJosephine yoga classes or therapy programs on www.lovejosephine.com are not intended to replace medical recommendations by your medical practitioners.
It is highly recommended and, in most cases, essential that you stay compliant to the treatment advice given by a western medical professional.
The suggestions and educational resource offered by Grace x Strength with LoveJosephine
are meant to be observed and used in conjunction with medical treatment. Neither the therapy programs nor yoga classes are designed nor recommended to replace medical treatment. The resources offered here are intended to complement and support the medical treatment targeting the specified issue, with the goal of enhancing the well-being of the patient.