I’m a chronic migraine sufferer and I know what debilitating headaches feel like and how they can impact lives. Needless to say, I’ve done massive amounts of research on this subject, using myself as the guinea pig. Yoga therapy has not cured this but none of my yoga programs claim to cure anything. Yoga has certainly helped relieve the symptoms and with pain management. I am a big believer in Chinese Traditional Medicine. I’ve found acupuncture to be the most effective in relieving and preventing my migraine attacks. Below is something you could find helpful. I certainly have!
Migraines (Specifically Tension/Stress Triggered Migraines)
THE BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR THIS ISSUE (SYMPTOM CONTROL)
In relieving migraines with TCM principles using yoga, the benefits are that:
1. The breathing techniques in yoga helps to release tension and stress in the body, opening up the flow of ‘chi’.
2. By practising yoga poses that put pressure onto the corresponding stagnant meridians, it can affect the ‘chi’ in a positive way.
3. Yoga gives the individual an opportunity to slow down and relax, relieving any tension that can cause muscles to tense up and cause stagnation of ‘chi’ which cause tension headaches/migraines.
4. Yoga also improves blood circulation throughout the body. Anytime you improve circulation (or ‘ chi’ through harmonising the ‘jing’ and ’shen’ properties of the body), that improves pain and stress.
2. Blood pressure issues
3. On medication
4. On medical advice against yoga or certain forms of physical activity
15-30 MINUTE FLOW
1. Lateral neck stretches
2. Childs pose
3. Downward Dog
4. Table Top/Cat/Cow
6. Seated Forward Fold
7. Seated Open A Fold
8. Head to knee (Half Open A)
9. Cow Face
10. Lying Knees to Chest
11. Happy Baby
These suggestions offered in the Holy Yoga With LoveJosephine
yoga classes or therapy programs on www.lovejosephine.com
are not intended to replace medical recommendations by your medical practitioners.
It is highly recommended and, in most cases, essential that you stay compliant to the treatment advice given by a western medical professional.
The suggestions and educational resource offered by Holy Yoga with LoveJosephine on www.lovejosephine.com are meant to be observed and used in conjunction with medical treatment. Neither the therapy programs nor yoga classes are designed nor recommended to replace medical treatment.
The resources offered here are intended to complement and support the medical treatment targeting the specified issue, with the goal of enhancing the well-being of the patient.