THE BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR THIS ISSUE (SYMPTOM CONTROL)
- to stretch and strengthen the muscles causing the issue
- to bring awareness of correct spinal alignment
- to draw attention and bring awareness of any emotional issues that may be causing kyphosis
- to bring healing of any emotional issues attached to the cause of kyphosis
- re-train the body and implement lifestyle changes to minimise spinal alignment issues
1. If your symptoms are severe, do not start or engage in any physical or yoga therapy without first getting clearance from your medical practitioner.
2. If your kyphosis is caused by osteoporosis, severe scoliosis, spondylitis and any other bone degeneration dysfunctions, take caution or completely avoid reclining, back bending poses and spinal twists.
3. If there are any sharp pains while doing yoga poses, stop immediately. Consult your yoga therapist to ensure the poses have been carried out correctly and if the sharp pain persists every time you get into a pose, stop and seek medical practitioner’s advice.
12. Reclining Supported Bound Angle (rolled up mat underneath the back at the bottom of the ribs but above the lumbar)
These suggestions offered in the Grace x Strength With LoveJosephine yoga classes or therapy programs on www.lovejosephine.com are not intended to replace medical recommendations by your medical practitioners. It is highly recommended and, in most cases, essential that you stay compliant to the treatment advice given by a western medical professional. The suggestions and educational resource offered by Grace x Strength With LoveJosephine on www.lovejosephine.com are meant to be observed and used in conjunction with medical treatment. Neither the therapy programs nor yoga classes are designed nor recommended to replace medical treatment. The resources offered here are intended to complement and support the medical treatment targeting the specified issue, with the goal of enhancing the well-being of the patient.