- Urge incontinence – small leakage triggering a sudden urge to urinate
- Stress incontinence – small amounts of urine with exertion, e.g. exercise, sneezing, coughing
- Overflow incontinence – leakage because bladder does not empty well or blockage of the urethra
- Functional incontinence – leakage resulting from medication/physical disability or memory problem, making it difficult to reach a bathroom
- Poor alignment
- Weak Transversus Abdominis muscles
- Chronic constipation /bearing down and straining pelvic floor muscles
- Vitamin C deficiency
THE BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR THIS ISSUE (SYMPTOM CONTROL)
- training the mind to minimise the ‘just in case’ mentality
- exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and bringing whole body alignment (which brings organs and systems into alignment)
- relieving emotional baggage, finding courage and healing of UI through spiritual growth
4. Functional Incontinence -> this tailored program focusses on those suffering from stress urinary incontinence and may not see any particular benefit for those suffering from incontinence resulting from medication or health issues.
15-30 MINUTE FLOW
SOURCES & RESEARCH
These suggestions offered in the Holy Yoga With LoveJosephine yoga classes or therapy programs on www.lovejosephine.com are not intended to replace medical recommendations by your medical practitioners. It is highly recommended and, in most cases, essential that you stay compliant to the treatment advice given by a western medical professional.The suggestions and educational resource offered by Holy Yoga with LoveJosephine on www.lovejosephine.com are meant to be observed and used in conjunction with medical treatment. Neither the therapy programs nor yoga classes are designed nor recommended to replace medical treatment.