1. Good News brings great JOY!
Hope is granted to all those who hear and share the Good News.
2. MEETING with Jesus brings great JOY!
He came and bridged my life. Carried me out from darkness and into light. There’s always light if you turn to Him. 💫
3. Finally, FOLLOWING Jesus brings great JOY!
For the love of Christ . The guy who came to save me (and you!) Merry Christmas 🎄
2015 Christmas. It took me 33 years to get here but in the larger scheme of things, I got here nice and early. I trust, too, through God’s guidance.
Got where? Well, I got to celebrate Christmas for what it is about. Truly.
What IS Christmas about? Simple. (Don’t be fooled by the photos.)
Happy birthday, JESUS!
It is the celebration of the 1st coming of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. And an anticipation of His 2nd coming. The latter not so generally chorused but something I personally celebrate together with the school of Christians who also celebrate this.
Advent [meaning: to expect, to anticipate, the coming] was sacred for me. I’ve never even given Advent much thought in the past other than the chocolate advent calendar. Again, this year, God blessed me with this time to experience Advent.
Practically, how do all of this differ from my past Christmas celebrations? Well,
- No stressing over presents and decorations
- No stressing over throwing an X’mas party like I’m celebrating my own birthday
- Keeping close to the Word (and boy, does that transform you)
- Clothing myself with the glory of God and hopefully, letting that shine bright to those around me about the true meaning of Christmas
- More time with Jesus, less time with my ‘own effort’
What was the result?
- I am 200% happier from within
- My life has transformed from the inside out. There is true joy, peace and calm amidst the usually busy and festive time of the year
- My family benefits from my transformation
- I am proud that I bring my Saviour glory
And how did those changes come about?
- The first was the tick off my 2015 NY Resolution – to be baptised. Some friends who have yet to know Christ chuckle at my ‘tender age’ to make this proclamation. I smile because in some ways, they are right. My spiritual age is tender and the baptism is symbolic of my rebirth to this life. This important step in my life has paved the way for so much of my spiritual growth this year.
- Holy Yoga has played the most significant part of this transformation. The community, the ministry work that keeps me grounded to The Word, the meditation, the connection with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
- Being a part of a community; a Christ-loving community. It has been my biggest blessing to be surrounded by my Holy Yoga Family, my church congregation and finally, my dear family.
So, Christmas is now behind me. I have the new year to look forward to. When I do everything in His glory, I get my returns in 10 fold.
I’m almost sad that Christmas is over. But I rejoice in the fact that this year is the beginning to many that will bring the real meaning of the celebration to my family and friends.
We had a fun class today outdoors doing power, working around our mats in a circular flow around the mat symbolising the Christmas Wreath. We learnt about the Advent wreath and what it symbolises. Circle = Christ’s salvation bringing eternity
- Green(ery) around the leaves = Hope
- 4 candles = We are the light of God
- 3 candle colours:
- White = Purity of Christ
- Royal/Light Blue = #Loyalty of Christ/ The Sky (look up in anticipation)
- Pink/Rose = #Joy
There you go!
Today is Day 7 of the #PrepareOurHeartsForAdvent Holy Yoga devotional.
It’s a busy Sunday and truth be told, I didn’t really get the still meditation time I would have liked to have. Running around with two boys and HoYo Sunday class to teach, life has never a dull moment on Sundays! But in this time we prepare for Advent, every day I make time to think about Jesus’ coming. Here, my son and I do it together. We both love Jesus. We say our prayers together. He is my blessing. I love my son.
I know God loves His son and to send His son to bear our sins for us, planned to be crucified on the cross from the moment He was born… It’s pain beyond imagination.
Thank you, Lord for your mercy. Thank YOU for Your grace.
[Advent is a season observed in many Western Christian churches as a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas. The term is an anglicized version of the Latin word adventus, meaning “coming”.] ~ Wikipedia.com 16th November 2015
Today is Day 1 of the #PrepareOurHeartsForAdvent Holy Yoga challenge, hosted by a dear friend @mandajoy1979. When I first got tagged, I have to admit, I gave this little thought, thinking “Ok, another challenge? Didn’t we just finish one a couple of weeks ago? hmm..I’ll probably give this a miss. Don’t have time.”
Today, as I scrolled through my Instagram feed, photos of those who are participating popped up. Each post has its own devotional by the Holy Yogi participating. One that stood out the most was from @valariskiness. She’s pregnant and she’s participating. Naturally, I went back to the pic that I was originally tagged in. This time, I read the post properly and the words sunk in. “PREPARE OUR HEARTS FOR ADVENT.”
Immediately I felt a sense of guilt. Guilt for not supporting my friend who was hosting. Guilt for saying, “I don’t have time for this.” I mean, if I don’t have time to prepare my heart for my Saviour, then where are my priorities?!
Most importantly, the Holy Spirit moved me. It reminded me that it’s not about the guilt. We are blameless through Him. It’s not the guilt that triggered that camera shot here. It is the Spirit moving my heart…preparing my heart for the celebration of our Saviour’s coming.
I tell you what, there is nothing more defining than to have spent this time of reflection and devotional today. I can’t wait to spend the next two weeks dedicating time for this devotional and reflection. THIS is what HOLY YOGA is about. It’s Jesus. And it’s REAL.
Today marks a big day for Mr Mysterious. On Christmas Day, yes, Christmas Day, Mr Mysterious online store publicly went live.
It has been a fruitful and busy 2013 and I’m pleased to announce it has all paid off for everyone who has helped make this store happen. I couldn’t have done it all by myself and I won’t forget each and everyone one of you who has helped to make this so successful and given this brand all your support.
My hope is that Mr Mysterious will continue to provide its customers or fans all the beautiful things we promise, to allow for creative expression and to explore the curious and mysterious things in life.
To bigger and better 2014. May everyone have a wonderful Christmas and make sure you don’t miss out on the Boxing Day/Launch Sale coming up.
Would change a thing about this wonderful team. Working with you makes life so positive and fulfilling. Can’t think of a better match of all of our complementary skill sets and personalities. To a great year of team work and another year of smashing targets!
Thank you, Miko, for always making sure we have these wonderful team events. Despite our carpark block out incident, I got to meet Kevin Bacon! And that’s all that matters 🙂
Love you all!