• WITHOUT YOU •
Couldn’t have done it without everyone’s support this year. So, thank you.
Thank you to MY STUDENTS who always show up and entrust their bodies with me. 🤸🏻♀️
Thank you to MY INSTAGRAM COMMUNITY who is always encouraging and sending good vibes. 💫
Thank you to MY FAMILY who have allowed me to pursue this tirelessly and trusted in my discernment. 👨👩👧👧
Thank you to MY FRIENDS who have walked alongside this journey with me and lifted me up when I was down. 👯
Thank you to THOSE WHO HAVE ENQUIRED AND CONNECTED with me, Holy Yoga and classes. Follow your dreams and your calling, I say.
I started this year not knowing where this road would take me. From a small community class of friends at the local school hall on Sundays…. then with the school hall shutting down and no place to teach, God provided a new place. A beautiful yoga studio which I could afford to grow my ministry in. God continue to provide and brought more students along. From one Sunday class, it became 4 weekly classes.
From little awareness of what Holy Yoga was, we were featured in various publications such as the Sydney Morning Herald, the Age, the ABC and Salvation Army’s Warcry (Australia) magazine.
From repeated prayers on being able to teach in my church community, God placed me in Wesley Mission’s School for Seniors.
From various controversial conversations to being at total peace with what I am gifted to do.
From not knowing where to go to not knowing where to go, my faith keeps me going.
2017 is still unknown. I have no idea how this journey will look like again, although there will be a few exciting changes I’m sure of. Stay tuned and see you all next year!
2015 Christmas. It took me 33 years to get here but in the larger scheme of things, I got here nice and early. I trust, too, through God’s guidance.
Got where? Well, I got to celebrate Christmas for what it is about. Truly.
What IS Christmas about? Simple. (Don’t be fooled by the photos.)
Happy birthday, JESUS!
It is the celebration of the 1st coming of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. And an anticipation of His 2nd coming. The latter not so generally chorused but something I personally celebrate together with the school of Christians who also celebrate this.
Advent [meaning: to expect, to anticipate, the coming] was sacred for me. I’ve never even given Advent much thought in the past other than the chocolate advent calendar. Again, this year, God blessed me with this time to experience Advent.
Practically, how do all of this differ from my past Christmas celebrations? Well,
- No stressing over presents and decorations
- No stressing over throwing an X’mas party like I’m celebrating my own birthday
- Keeping close to the Word (and boy, does that transform you)
- Clothing myself with the glory of God and hopefully, letting that shine bright to those around me about the true meaning of Christmas
- More time with Jesus, less time with my ‘own effort’
What was the result?
- I am 200% happier from within
- My life has transformed from the inside out. There is true joy, peace and calm amidst the usually busy and festive time of the year
- My family benefits from my transformation
- I am proud that I bring my Saviour glory
And how did those changes come about?
- The first was the tick off my 2015 NY Resolution – to be baptised. Some friends who have yet to know Christ chuckle at my ‘tender age’ to make this proclamation. I smile because in some ways, they are right. My spiritual age is tender and the baptism is symbolic of my rebirth to this life. This important step in my life has paved the way for so much of my spiritual growth this year.
- Holy Yoga has played the most significant part of this transformation. The community, the ministry work that keeps me grounded to The Word, the meditation, the connection with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
- Being a part of a community; a Christ-loving community. It has been my biggest blessing to be surrounded by my Holy Yoga Family, my church congregation and finally, my dear family.
So, Christmas is now behind me. I have the new year to look forward to. When I do everything in His glory, I get my returns in 10 fold.
I’m almost sad that Christmas is over. But I rejoice in the fact that this year is the beginning to many that will bring the real meaning of the celebration to my family and friends.