Holy Yoga | Wasn't so simple as a "Story on rising popularity of Christian Yoga"
Many are asking about my thoughts on the controversy of the article that I contributed to. This article was published across the different news publication properties of Fairfax Media.
You can read the one from Sydney Morning Herald here
Currently feeling: THANKFUL, VULNERABLE, ENCOURAGED
1. God is sovereign and has allowed whatever to be published be published. Everything I do is in His Glory. If He didn't allow it, I could be knocking on every journalist's door for a write up and it wouldn't happen. This is my belief.
2. I responded to a set of questions with good intentions to participate in a 'story covering the rising popularity of Christian yoga', as was how it was described to me. The rest of how the story was used commercially or how the video and story was cut is outside of my control and my intentions. The journalist covered it fairly and opened up a forum for healthy debate.
3. Did I get paid for it? No.
4. Was that class real? No. I was given a location for the photoshoot and we did a mini-flow to demonstrate how a class would look like.
5. Is this PR? Looks like it became so without me even trying! 😜 But I would prefer to relate to 'raising awareness' of what Holy Yoga is.
6. How do I feel about this whole thing? I am overwhelmed by and thankful for the support that I have received from those who have experienced my classes and know me in person. Some of the more hurtful words from those who feel strongly against it has scratched me a little but I stand firm on my faith and beliefs. (James 1:12)
7. What now? I'm excited about those who have been touched and keen to join Holy Yoga. Thank you, Jesus, for connecting us!
THAT'S IT, friends! From here, I'm channeling all the great things about this to grow the ministry.
THANKING YOU FOR YOUR LOVE & PRAYERS ❤️🙏🏻